[openbeos] Re: Waif child found.

  • From: Oliver Tappe <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 16:36:56 +0200

On 2006-08-08 at 19:58:25 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As I recall, it happened previously with another app, at which point
> > someone pointed out that I was probably not using the correct version
> > of
> > subversion and didn't have the npipefs add-on installed.  So I fixed
> > that and tried again.  That's when I ran into the problem with
> > abouthaiku.  If I'm remembering correctly, there was some discussion
> > about the fact that this problem only seemed to happen on Zeta, not
> > R5.
> > At that point, someone offered up a solution or work around and that
> > got
> > the build going again on my machine.
>
> Just comment out the problematic line in the src/apps/abouthaiku
> Jamfile.

This problem should now be fixed. The actual cause was jam not being able to
deal with a command invoking multiple sub-processes (AboutHaiku manages to
create several sub-processes by piping several commands together).

Adam, could you please confirm whether or not you can now build AboutHaiku on
Zeta with the original Jamfile, too?

cheers,
        Oliver