[openbeos] Re: Updating team page?

  • From: "Graham Gilmore" <grahamg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 22:13:25 -0500

>For now, the only way is to email me with the update info. Send me your

>mailing list URL and the status info and I'll post it up for you.
>
>Of course, it would be better (for me as well as you) to have a more
>automatic system. I was talking to Erik Jakowatz about this a few weeks

>ago because he was creating a set of tools for tracking the App/IK
>teams progress. I was thinking about making a system whereby team leads

>could create/edit a URL containing a task list in a simple format --
>the team page would then just read and display this on loading. Erik
>was suggesting XML for the format, but I was going for something
>simpler. If you have any extra ideas on this, let me know. I do want to

>make the process of tracking status simpler and more automatic.

        How about making those parts of the websites user-editable with one of
the various Wiki packages available?  (for those who don't know what
Wiki is, check out http://c2.com/cgi-bin/wiki )  That way, individual
developers (and their team leads, etc.) could have "ownership" of the
status page(s) for whatever project(s) they're working on, and the
developers can update those pages on their own.

        Graham