[haiku] Re: Update Haiku from Haiku

  • From: Gregor Rosenauer <gregor.rosenauer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 22:32:27 +0100

Wow, it looks much better than the version I used some months ago...
But I could not discover a "haiku-system-upgrade" feature:)

I'm afraid - as others have indicated - that it will take some serious
work deep down in the Haiku system to make it modular/flexible enough
so that system-level files can be updated on the fly.
However this will never be possible (reliably) from the GUI, as
there's already too much stuff running/involved in that stage.

Or there's an easier / more elegant way and I'm just spoiled by
running Linux...,-)

Gregor