[openbeos] Re: Some questions :)

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:09:36 +0200

Hi Fredrik,

> I have now been able to build part of Haiku on Zeta 1.5, don't know why I
> can't build all, but I'm not interested in all any way so :)
>
> 1. ACPI do this work on other platform like Zeta or does it only work for
> than Haiku?
>
> 2. ACPI how do I build that? do I need to make some sort of package?

TARGET_PLATFORM=dano jam -q acpi

It currently doesn't build (link) for me, but it advertises itself as BeOS
compatible in the Jamfile. AFAIK, when you install it on your system,
certain drivers can make use of it, like the power button driver. But acpi
is not used for configuring the devices in your computer, like IO resources
and IRQs... not on Haiku and not on BeOS.

> 3. Same 2 questions about USB.

Michael hes put together a document explaining what you need to do:

<http://haiku-os.org/blog/mmlr/2007-04-20/using_the_haiku_usb_stack>

Best regards,
-Stephan