[openbeos] Re: Some questions :)

  • From: Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:35:32 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi Fredrik,
>
>> I have now been able to build part of Haiku on Zeta 1.5, don't know why
>> can't build all, but I'm not interested in all any way so :)
>>
>> 1. ACPI do this work on other platform like Zeta or does it only work
>> for
>> than Haiku?
>>
>> 2. ACPI how do I build that? do I need to make some sort of package?
>
> TARGET_PLATFORM=dano jam -q acpi
>
> It currently doesn't build (link) for me, but it advertises itself as BeOS
ah tested "TARGET_PLATFORM=dano jam acpi" but then it's probably broken..
> compatible in the Jamfile. AFAIK, when you install it on your system,
> certain drivers can make use of it, like the power button driver. But acpi
> is not used for configuring the devices in your computer, like IO
> resources
> and IRQs... not on Haiku and not on BeOS.
Yes I know I have read this link about acpi. I'm only intrested in geting
Zeta/Haiku to poweroff
http://www.acmqueue.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=81&page=1

>> 3. Same 2 questions about USB.
>
> Michael hes put together a document explaining what you need to do:
>
> <http://haiku-os.org/blog/mmlr/2007-04-20/using_the_haiku_usb_stack>
Now I remeber reading it, forgot that it existed.

> Best regards,
> -Stephan

MVH
Fredrik Modéen