[openbeos] Re: Singleuser vs Multiuser

  • From: "Daniel Reinhold" <danielr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:32:55 CST

In my mind, BeOS is a single-user, desktop OS. If we can make a few
minor changes to accomodate having different user settings with
separate logins, etc. that is fine. But trying to make BeOS into a
server OS (which is what mult-user entails) is a whole different thing.

They say a camel is a horse designed by a committee. Let's not design a
camel. The BeOS cannot be everything everybody might want it to be, and
that's just as well. There are plenty of high quality, free server OS's
for Intel machines. We don't need to compete there. Let's not waste our
time trying. Let's create a kick-ass desktop OS. That pretty much means
single user.