[haiku] Re: Python on Haiku

  • From: Roland Plüss <roland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 01:14:40 +0200

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Roland Plüss<roland@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> VirtualBox has something similar. You can make a fixed or dynamic disk image
>> which you can then make available and setup using DriveSetup. Older versions
>> did not work with BeOS concerning dynamic disk files but the new version
>> actually does support it. Had the same idea about using two images.
>>

> I only recently started using this setup but I wish I had set it up
> earlier. In fact I'm going to do the same thing for some of my Linux
> installs too. It's nice being able to reinstall and update cleanly
> without worrying about personal files first. I highly recommend you
> set this up soon if you plan to do any development on Haiku.

Already did so. On Linux I use a similar setup and even more complex.
/home is on a different partition so I can re-fiddle the system if
required. All game media files are mounted from the NFS server so all
machines have the same media files. I love these disjoint setups. Things
like 10 partitions or so for a Linux system is my default setup :D .

Figure out how dynamic library loading works again on BeOS. Some
modifications on the source files to deal with this and there we are, it
compiles and runs! :D . My first project ( smaller, script language used
by the main project, including dynamic sub modules and so forth )
compiling and running on Haiku out of the box. Now is that cool or is
that cool? ;=) [ http://rptd.ch/misc/haiku/first_compile_woot.png ]

--
Yours sincerely
Plüss Roland