[haiku] Re: Python on Haiku

  • From: Roland Plüss <roland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 23:28:23 +0200

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Roland Plüss<roland@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> makebootable did the trick. Now let's see if we get this Python/SCons combo
>> up and running :=)
>>

> Another option that a lot of us use (in VMs and on real hardware) is
> to have a second disk for development and personal files.
>
> This makes it easy to completely update/upgrade/replace your main
> Haiku partition without distrupting your working files.
>
> I'm not sure about VirtualBox but for VMware you can use the qemu-img
> program from the QEMU project to create an empty vmdk, which you can
> then add to your VM and initialize with BFS in DriveSetup in Haiku.

VirtualBox has something similar. You can make a fixed or dynamic disk
image which you can then make available and setup using DriveSetup.
Older versions did not work with BeOS concerning dynamic disk files but
the new version actually does support it. Had the same idea about using
two images.

--
Yours sincerely
Plüss Roland