[haiku] Re: Python on Haiku

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 17:11:11 -0400

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Roland Plüss<roland@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> makebootable did the trick. Now let's see if we get this Python/SCons combo
> up and running :=)

Another option that a lot of us use (in VMs and on real hardware) is
to have a second disk for development and personal files.

This makes it easy to completely update/upgrade/replace your main
Haiku partition without distrupting your working files.

I'm not sure about VirtualBox but for VMware you can use the qemu-img
program from the QEMU project to create an empty vmdk, which you can
then add to your VM and initialize with BFS in DriveSetup in Haiku.

--
Regards,
Ryan