[haiku] Re: Problem with replicants

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 10:33:16 +0100

Hi,

On 2010-03-21 at 06:33:29 [+0100], Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > By the way:
> > I think that it would be good if it would be possible to remove them
> > by drag and drop
> > them into the waste basket.
> > I think that many new users will try this first.
>
> I agree. Don't know if it's technically possible, with the Replicants
> you're dragging around not being files...

It is possible. Tracker follows a certain documented messaging protocol in
which it gives the source of the drag a number of "actions" (verbs) to
chose from. The source can then act accordingly, even though files are not
involved at all. That being said, for other targets than the trash,
anything else but files doesn't make much sense. I wouldn't be surprised if
this worked already for replicants in BeOS, and we just forgot it in the
Haiku implementation.

Best regards,
-Stephan