[haiku] Problem with replicants

  • From: "Miroslav Stimac" <Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 01:09:19 +0100

Hello,

Today I installed Haiku on a free partition and I was really surprised.
Although it is only an Alpha version 1, it seems to work fine on my notebook.
The booting was fast and the GUI is nice.
I really love Haiku! :-)

But I noticed one problem with replicants:

I started the application Pulse.
My system has 2 cpu cores. Therefore I see the buttons 1 and 2 in Pulse.
Each button has a little handle. I can use it to drag and drop the buttons 1
and 2 on the desktop.
But how shall I remove the replicants from the desktop?
I tried to drag and drop them into the waste basket, but this does not work. I
can not drag and drop the replicants from the desktop. I can only drag and drop
the originals from the application Pulse.
According to the documentation
http://www.haiku-os.org/docs/userguide/en/gui.html I shall right-click on the
small handle and a context menu shall appear which offers me to remove the
replicants.
But it does not appear.

Could somebody tell me please how I can remove the replicants from the desktop?
I have many replicants now and they look ugly.
Thanks in advance!

By the way:
I think that it would be good if it would be possible to remove them by drag
and drop them into the waste basket.
I think that many new users will try this first.
Therefore it would be user friendly if this would work.
What do you think?

Regards,
Miroslav Stimac
--
GMX DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment für nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02