[openbeos] Re: Printing the Tracker

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:46:23 GMT

> > I was thinking that one thing OBOS could use (and I haven't seen it
> > in other
> > OS's before) is an option to print a tracker view.  For example, my
> > People
> > folder makes a nicely organized address book on screen, but quickly
> > becomes
> > less useful when I can't print it out.  I know I can print a screen
> > shot but
> > it wouldn't quite have the same effect.  Perhaps there is an easy
> > way for a
> > tracker view to be translated into a printable (HTML perhaps?)
> > document to be
> > printed.  This is not the only instance where this would be
> > helpful, I have
> > had several times I can remember wanting this feature and having to
> > settle
> > for a copy-paste from the terminal.  As mentioned above, I haven't
> > seen this
> > feature in other operating systems which makes me think it may be
> > beyond just
> > a OT issue.  I could be totally off on this, just thought I'd throw
> > it out
> > and see what happened.  Thanks folks for all you do!
> >
> You could always write a shell script that reads all the attribute...
> Maybe an "export view as CSV", so you can import it in any
> spreadsheet
> to print it.

That's, anyway, an third party opportunity, and should be available
thru a
Tracker add-on even: Looking at OpenTracker sources, it should be easy
to figure out
where and which attribut(s) are displayed by selected item(s), and such
add-on could
offer to print them...

-Philippe.

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

For your penance, say five Hail Marys and one loud BLAH!