[openbeos] Re: OBOS R1 PPC Compatibility

  • From: "Nathan Whitehorn" <nathan.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 16:57:09 -0600 (CST)

> This sounds very good in theory. I am not so sure about the
> practicality.
> We would need at least 7 or 8 users with PPC who would be willing to
> compile code at the drop of a hat (ok, with a little notice). I am *
certainly* not opposed to folks with PPCs building what is in source
control and beating people up when the code is not portable. But I
would consider that a bug report, not a "before you check in".

> That makes it sort of evolutionary, anyway - if people aren't really
> interested in PPC, it will fal behind/away. If people are hugely
interested, they will do the work. And it doesn't burden anyone else
overly much.

> If someone wanted to set up a compile "farm" (ok, one machine) that
> downloaded CVS nightly and built it, that shouldn't be too much work...

I, at least, would be quite happy to compile the OBOS CVS fairly
frequently. However, I must say that it is now in an advanced state of
non-functionality on powerpc. We would also (ahem) have to actually
check things into CVS for this to work.
-Nathan

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

"Cable is not a luxury, since many areas have poor TV reception."
                -- The mayor of Tucson, Arizona, 1989