[haiku] Re: Notebook suggestions

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 11:21:37 -0500

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Philip Rushik <prushik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The idea behind System76 is great, but I would never recommend one.

[...]

> After replacing both the hard drive and RAM, it runs well. It really is a
> fine machine, but I question where they are getting these components.

To be honest, I wasn't going to go anywhere near the Galago UltraPro
due to the complaints everywhere about the keyboard being junk and it
not accepting all keystrokes.  After I saw that the issue was properly
addressed though with an entirely new keyboard, I decided to purchase
one.  No issues so far with the notebook, but I've only had it for a
few weeks, so I can't vouch for its longevity.  I hope I don't
experience anything like you did though, Philip.

- joe