[haiku] Re: Notebook suggestions

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 12:01:08 +0100

On 02/02/2014 06:59 PM, Humdinger wrote:
since my old notebook seems to finally have booked that long planned
vacation on the farm...
Does anyone have suggestions for a Haiku supported high quality modern notebook?

I'd like to have a 15" non-glaring panel with min. 1680x1050 resolution.
It should be cool and quiet with oomph when needed.

Right before the last BeGeistert I was looking for a new laptop and laid my eyes on a Lenovo ThinkPad T440s. Unfortunately it didn't become available (for non-academics) in time for the event, so I didn't get one after all (yet). The reviews sounded pretty nice. There's a Full HD model, though it's 14". There might be a 15" (T5**) equivalent.

I don't know about the Haiku compatibility, so you would want to test drive it. Given the popularity of the ThinkPads among the Haiku developers in the past, the odds are that at least eventually it will be supported pretty well.

CU, Ingo