[openbeos] Re: New Monitor 1280x1024

  • From: "Euan Kirkhope" <euan.kirkhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:00:35 +0100

On 11/07/07, Salvatore Benedetto <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Could it be that it fails to retrieve the EDID ?

On 7/11/07, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Salvatore Benedetto wrote (2007-07-11, 14:39:24 [+0200]):
> > As I thought, if I boot without having the monitor attached, and
attached
> > it after Haiku
> > booted, everything works ok. The resolution showed with Screen is
> > 800x600. It's a real weird thing
> > for me.
>
> Maybe edid is used but crashes?
>
> Best regards,
> -Stephan

Might also be that the new monitor doesn't support scaling, and the
card is not routing the signal through the internal scaler.  As the
Radeon can only scale 1 DVI output, or laptop screen.  If it is
sending say 800x600 the monitor might just go off.  So what it might
be is that the driver / app server might not identify that the monitor
doesn't support 800x600 being sent to it, and requries that the driver
scale it up to the native resolution.

It's the same problem with Dual DVI I'm trying to work on at the
moment.  The second DVI cannot display anything below native
resolution if there is no scaler. On linux the second screen is always
native resolution with virtual desktop panning if you go below native
res.

Euan