[openbeos] Re: New Monitor 1280x1024

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:19:14 +0200 CEST

"Salvatore Benedetto" <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> recently I switched my monitor with a new lcd (SyncMaster 741mp)
> which
> apparently
> does not accept a resolution lower than 1280x1024. BeOS MAX boots
> fine,
> while haiku
> reboots after I've set the resolution (I press space during the boot
> and set
> the resolution).

Does it also reboot if you just enter the boot menu without changing
the resolution?
I guess it worked before?
Have you ever tried to change the resolution in the boot menu before?
Have you tried creating a "vesa" mode file in home/config/settings/
kernel/drivers/ with your resolution?

BTW Haiku uses your graphics card's/monitor's EDID information to
retrieve the resolution of the boot screen. If it doesn't switch to the
native resolution automatically, it means that some part of your
hardware does not support this (at least not via the BIOS).

> Does anyone have an idea of why is this before I open a ticket?

It sounds a lot like http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/690 if you manage
to show it's independent from changing the resolution. Unfortunately, I
never managed to reproduce or fix it.

Bye,
   Axel.