[openbeos] Re: Networking

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:04:18 +0200 CEST

"Gabriel Ivanes" <gab@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ( I don't understand the use of 'ls' in the script )

Drivers are only loaded on demand - and "ls /dev/net/" causes the
system to load the networking drivers.
If you do a "ifconfig" afterwards, anyway, it's not necessary, though,
as that one opens the /dev/net/stack driver, anyway.

> But i can't assign an ip address to my card :

I'm not sure how, but by removing the sysctl() function, I obviously
not only broke routing, but also this one. IOW our current networking
stack is non-functional right now - but that's only a small loss,
anyway, it never worked that good (or long).

Bye,
   Axel.