[openbeos] Re: Haiku and Media Files

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:48:18 -0700

2008/6/23 David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Right now we have most media formats covered (avi, mov, mp4, mkv) but
> we are missing a number of decoders (h264, aac)

I'll dig up some of the files I have previously failed to view under
Haiku's media player and give them another go... Most of them are
stuff I've downloaded publicly, so I have no problem making them
available (in fact, several are sitting there on my FTP server).

I'll report back when I can.

In my experience, VLC "just works" for playback of nearly everything -
and thus it's what a lot of people just use :)