[haiku] Re: GSoC '12 Introduction

  • From: luroh <lurohh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 22:53:05 +0100

Andrew Hudson wrote:
> So are you saying that Haiku should have btrfs now so it can be compatible
> with Linux some years later,
> versus having more complete ACPI features that some people can use today?

I don't think the GSoC selection process is about making those kind of
calls. Rather the students' interests, dedication and abilities along
with the availability of suitable mentorship tend to matter the most,
from what I've seen.
That said, I'm guessing both btrfs and ACPI improvements would be
welcome contributions. Last I heard, Fedora was still shooting for
btrfs as default in their next release and interoperability is seldom
to be sneezed at.

- luroh