[openbeos] Re: [Fwd: LugRadio Live UK 2008]

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:41:35 -0700

Howdy,

Cian Duffy wrote:
2008/6/13 Jorge G. Mare <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>:
Howdy,

We received the invitation shown below to exhibit at LugRadio Live UK 2008.
This is an event scheduled to be held at Wolverhampton (UK) on July 19th and
20th.

I am forwarding this message to see if there are any dedicated Haiku fans in
the UK who would like to organize a Haiku booth at this event.

I'm not in the UK - but I'm near it. Theres a possibility I could
assist with this, if theres not enough interest from those actually in
the UK...

I don't know anyone in the UK that could take the initiative to make this happen for Haiku, hence the message to this mailing list. :)

IOW, consider this is more like a call to the Haiku community to see if there are any enthusiasts out there who are willing to take the initiative, gather forces and put something together for Haiku. This is actually how the Haiku presence at events like Chemnitzer Linux Tage, T-DOSE 2007, and FOSDEM happened.

We can provide some guidance (from previous experiences), booth material artwork, means to communicate with the community through the website, and possible other means of support; but for this to happen, the community has to have the will and put in the effort.

From time to time people ask what they can do to help Haiku in activities other than development. No coding required here, so this is a good opportunity make a contribution to the cause. :)

Cheers,

Koki