[openbeos] Re: Driver proposal

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:25:28 +0200 (CEST)

En réponse à Bruno van Dooren <bruno_van_dooren@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > 1) Not everyone is interested in writing drivers
> it has its charms. personally i prefer writing drivers and algorithms
> writing application software
So do I :)

> > 2) Writing drivers is hard and not very glamorous
> you only get noticed if things don't work.
Being hard can be a motivation in itself (challenge)

> > 3) Hardware specs are not always available
> begging and scraping won't work either.
I urge everyone to sign the different petitions around about this.
And mail your hardware vendor asking for specs of the hardware
*you* bought, as it's part of the user manual (IMO).

> > 4) You can't force people to write drivers
> not legally
that's what basements are for :)))

> > 5) There are probably other reasons as well ;-)
> summer has started (sun, chair, books, ...)
so what ? Just get a waterproof laptop. :D
(and write drivers for it =)

François.