[openbeos] Re: Driver proposal

  • From: "Vassilis Perantzakis" <vaspervnp@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:33:19 +0300

I agree about the time, however the problem is that BeOS might not have
a community as large as it is today by then....
I myself are very involved with BeOS, and I am learning how to program
on it (since I would like to see some professional programs on it one
day),
BUT, I have problems with finding hardware that BeOS will work on. I had
to stop for about a month when I bought my Athlon XP, until the first
patch got out....
Now that I want to have some more advanced hardware, to accelerate my
work, I can't because it is not supported.
Wouldn't what I say accelerate your work too? Instead of slowing down...
And as for loosing two months... I am not talking about all the
resources,
but only a couple of developers, to bring some more choice. Because
imagine having OpenBeOS ready in a year as you say, but runs (well
enough)
only on a small portion of the hardware available.
Drivers will be needed on the R1 release any way. Why not accelerate
that part of the development and give better chance to BeOS?