[haiku] Re: Backup strategy for Haiku productive systems

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 12:18:10 +0200

Hi Finn,

On 2010-04-27 at 09:47:38 [+0200], beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

[ ... ]
> How often do you make backups of your Haiku data?
>
> What do you suggest, how do you do it?

I personally use rsync to backup my data (mostly e-mails) onto my Linux server.
Our rsync is capable of storing BFS-attributes as user-xattrs on the server, so
all the attributes are part of the backup, too.

Since rsync backups don't take long (after you've run them for the first time,
that is), I tend to do them more or less regularly (about once per week).

cheers,
        Oliver