[haiku] Backup strategy for Haiku productive systems

  • From: "beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku ML <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:47:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

since I wanted to start using my Haiku install for day-to-day stuff, I'd like to
know what your backup
strategy is, having Haiku's instabilities and potential filesystem bugs in mind.
Would it be the best to zip the personal data and copy it to another Haiku
partition? Or better copy it to a BeOS-generated BFS partition? To a FAT
partition? Or should I FTP it to my desktop machine to not let Haiku's BFS write
onto the backup partition directly? How often do you make backups of your Haiku
data?

What do you suggest, how do you do it?

(Or am I overcautious? :-) )

Greetings,