[openbeos] Re: AppServer P4, FBC

  • From: "Nathan Whitehorn" <nathan.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 15:45:32 EST (-0500)

> >That depends on if you want to rebuild everything that might depend
> > on
> >something else.. Well, actually you do rebuild stuff.
> >
> >But still.  I know why and what regarding the FBC problem, still
> > this
> >is a place where it'd make sense.
> >

> >Just my opinion.
> >
> >--
> >Mikael Jansson, BeDevID #E-20392
> >http://hem.spray.se/tic_khr/
> Under normal circumstances, I'd agree with you. Considering the
> purpose of
> the class itself, I don't think it's necessary, though. The only app
> which
> utilizes the class is the server. The only way that other apps will
> access
> these functions is via messaging, so any changes in the virtual
> tables are
> irrelevant. I *am* glad some people are out there keeping me honest.
> :D

Please allow for *everything* in the comm layer (non-rectangular views,
transparency, etc.). The API is limited, but that's no reason to limit
the app_server. Also, I would reccomend having window borders drawn as
a non-rectangular view by BWindow, and *not* by the app_server to make
things more flexible.
-Nathan

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody is looking
                -- H. L. Mencken