[openbeos] Re: Announcing rc, the resource compiler

  • From: "Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:37:10 +0100

> > The source code is checked into the OpenBeOS
> > CVS repository at: /current/src/tools/rc
>
> If you don't mind, I would like to add it to the build.
> This will be necessary, or at least useful, when people
> start using it.

That would be great. I only provided a Makefile because my Jam
knowledge is severly lacking ;-)

> Instead of tampering with the existing rules -- maybe
> confusing people relying on that behavior -- I would
> propose to rather rename the input files (`*.l' -> `*.lpp',
> `*.y' -> `*.ypp' or to `*.lcpp' and `*.ycpp') and add
> rules for dealing with those.

I'd rather not rename the input files. Is it possible to write
custom rules for these two files and put these rules only in the
Jamfile for rc, without having to rename them? Alternatively, is it
possible to rename the output files, or maybe pass additional
options (-o) to the Jam lex/yacc targets? (You have to pass -d to
bison anyway in order to have it generate a header file.) If not, I
guess renaming is the only option, but then I'd prefer the
extensions *.ll and *.yy.

Thanks for looking into this!
Matthijs