[openbeos] Re: Announcing rc, the resource compiler

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 20:49:30 CET (+0100)

> I'm glad to announce version 1.0 of "rc", our own resource compiler.

Great! :-)

[...]
> The source code is checked into the OpenBeOS CVS repository at:
> /current/src/tools/rc

If you don't mind, I would like to add it to the build. This will be
necessary, or at least useful, when people start using it.

I already did that in my working copy, encountering a small problem:
The jam rules for lex and yacc generate source files with the extension
`.c', which will cause the C compiler to be used, and thus won't work
very well with your C++ code. Instead of tampering with the existing
rules -- maybe confusing people relying on that behavior -- I would
propose to rather rename the input files (`*.l' -> `*.lpp', `*.y' -> `*
.ypp' or to `*.lcpp' and `*.ycpp') and add rules for dealing with
those.

As said before, this is ready in my working copy, waiting for being
committed, if you don't object... :-P

CU, Ingo