[openbeos] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Innovation: Design and Programming

  • From: "Frank D. Engel, Jr." <fde101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 05:32:11 -0700 (PDT)

--- Marius Soutier <spybreak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >The C++ syntax is clearly a lot nicer than the one of Objective-C.
> And
> >there is not much to say against using C++ no matter what he tries
> >tell us :-)
>
> Think so, too. I've read that Apple implemented Objective-C++ in X
> 10.1,
> so I guess many developers aren't too happy with Obj-C.

No, Apple implemented Objective-C++ so that 'legacy' C++ libraries
could be used from Objective-C code; such as the KHTML component from
KDE, which Apple uses as the basis of their Safari web browser.

I'd love to keep chatting languages, and have a firm opinion against C
and C++ (you may have noticed), not that I'm completely fond of
Objective-C either (though I like the class model), but this is getting
quite off-topic, and should probably be moved off-list if it is to
continue.

=====
=======
Frank D. Engel, Jr.

Modify the equilibrium of the vertically-oriented particle decelerator to
result in the reestablishment of its resistance to counterproductive
atmospheric penetration.

http://search.yahoo.com