[haiku-web] small update on website upgrade

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:39:54 +0000

Over the weekend, I caught up with Daniel (Master199).  Here's a quick
update on the website progress.

To recap, he's been doing some necessary legwork in preparation of
upgrading the website from Drupal 5 to Drupal 6 and eventually to
Drupal 7.

Most of this involves figuring out what the currently used 3rd party
modules are (and there seems to be many of them), finding out how
they're being used, and if they have an equivalent in Drupal 6's core
installation. Switching the modules from 3rd party solutions to ones
provided by Drupal 6 supposedly helps to increase it's performance and
makes future upgrades easier.

Creating a new drupal theme also needs to be done, as the current
shijin is not compatible with Drupal 6.  One possibility is using the
theme at http://guide.haikuzone.net/ , as it is a Drupal 6 theme.
(Quite a pleasing one at that).  I'm not certain if it'll be used as a

One of the experimental installations have been upgraded to Drupal 6.
I'm not sure if it's http://experimental.web.haiku-os.org/ or
http://experimental2.web.haiku-os.org/

--mmadia