[haiku-web] Re: Marking pages obsolete

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:52:48 -0700

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Matt Madia<mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What should be done for forum posts that contain obsolete or
> inaccurate information?
> Should a blurb be added at the top that points to the URL with the
> correct answer?

I think yes, we should put an "Editor" note at the top stating that
updated documentation assists with the topic in question and provide a
link to the updated documentation.

I know when I search the website for a topic such as "Compiling Haiku"
I get a ton of forum posts along with a mixed selection of other
content. Is there any way to increase a page's rank artificially in
search results?

- Urias