[haiku-web] Re: admin team page

  • From: Sikosis <sikosis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:46:59 +1000

I'd be in favour of the admin team resuming the weekly IRC meetings actually - even though it's kinda been replaced by emails.

Cheers

Sikosis

On 18/08/2008, at 8:29 AM, "Jorge Mare" <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Dennis d'Entremont
<dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 6:08 PM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx >
wrote:

2008/8/17 Dennis d'Entremont <dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx>:
On the admin team page (http://www.haiku-os.org/about/teams/ admin) the following is listed as the participating members. How accurate is this
these
days?

I'm not even sure there's an official "admin team" any longer. At
least, they've stopped having regular admin team meetings via IRC.

Well in that case maybe we should figure out what to do with the "admin team" page on the site until the Admin Team is either reformed, updated, or
whatever is going to happen with it.

For the most part, the idea of teams as operational units does not
reflect the reality of the project (don't even know if it ever did).
So you will find that most of the team pages are inaccurate.

The admin team was the top decision-making body of the project, but it
does not exist anymore, at least in theory. So the decision-making is
probably not anymore in the hands of a static and easily identifiable
group of people anymore (again, at least in theory). It would
therefore be difficult to tell what to put in in this particular page.

I made at least one attempt to rectify this (and the About window in
Haiku which is also inaccurate), but IIRC there wasn't much of a
consensus because some had concerns that removing names would
upset/alienate people. Maybe you can do better.

Jorge
--- -------------------------------------------------------------------- haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Haiku Web & Developer Support Discussion List