[haiku-web] Re: admin team page

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 22:25:21 +0200 CEST

"Jorge Mare" <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The admin team was the top decision-making body of the project, but
> it
> does not exist anymore, at least in theory. So the decision-making is
> probably not anymore in the hands of a static and easily identifiable
> group of people anymore (again, at least in theory). It would
> therefore be difficult to tell what to put in in this particular
> page.

The situation didn't really change since the last time this topic came
up. The admin team intended to stay together as long as the Haiku Inc.
transition is ongoing to have something like a fallback net.
At least the mailing list still exists - in practice, all ongoing
decisions are either made by the current Haiku Inc., or on the Haiku
development list. The admin list is still used from time to time, but
usually only for stuff that is sometimes better discussed in private
(like the pros/cons of doing a certain thing).

Having said all this, I think might want to update the page (and
AboutSystem), and report the actual status quo instead. But it's best
to pose that question on Haiku development, as Urias suggested.

Bye,
   Axel.