[haiku-web] Re: CSS notice boxes challenge

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 23:26:25 -0700

Howdy,

Austin Bales wrote:
You can resize or rescale the icons? I know the icons could be sized down, but I think there is an unresolved issue with scaling these icons to small sizes. It could also be that certain icons should not be scaled to those sizes.

You are the expert, so you decide what to use where and at what size. I can do basic icon editing in Icon-O-Matic and export to PNG or SVG; so just tell which icons you want and the size, and I will deliver them to you in PNG format.

I outlined this with examples just now at: http://haikupoetica.blogspot.com/2008/06/icant.html

With regards to the DOWNLOADS graphic, I would change "Test images" to "Nightly builds".

With regards to...

http://bp3.blogger.com/_7RGonLKj3os/SFs0aQaxODI/AAAAAAAAAEo/M7kBMCs2u0A/s400/LittleIcon.png

...perhaps you could change that to an icon showing an archive with an (download) arrow; it would be more representative of what it's intended to portray (who uses floppies these days anyway).

How about you tweak all the aspects of the boxes (colors, font family/size, leading, etc.), and I incorporate the resulting CSS into the website?

Could you provide a few specific contexts for their use?

The boxes are to be used in notes/warning for documents such as:

http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/how_to_work_on_the_haiku_webkit_port
http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/getting_the_source_code
http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/haiku_network_stack_architecture

Cheers,