[haiku-sysadmin] Re: Monthly Glacier Backup Report

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 23:13:39 +0200

Hi,

On 2015-09-17 at 17:57:56 [+0200], kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
[ ... ]

Small failure :-)

I'm working on a monthly backup of drupal and the database to Amazon
Glacier. It's like 0.08 a month
to upload, so I can eat that cost pretty easily. I didn't want to backup
the database anywhere personal
as it contains passwords and other sensitive info.

I'm not sure I can follow your reasoning here. Are you talking about
uploading an unencrypted backup to the cloud?

FYI: there already is an encrypted backup archive done once per day (and
currently uploaded to my private backup server). If you'd like to do a second
backup to Amazon Glacier, I'd suggest to use that one.

All the current disk issues are making me a bit nervous.

We could talk to Hetzner and ask them to investigate what might cause those
ATA problems.

cheers,
Oliver