[haiku-inc] Re: Proposal: Alexander von Gluck IV election to the BOD (attempt 1)

  • From: Joe Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 23:08:51 -0400

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 9:08 PM, Alexander von Gluck IV
<kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In-line with the above, I purpose the following:

* bga is removed from the BOD due to lack of activity.
* Alexander von Gluck IV (myself) is voted in as a board member.
* Urias (at his discretion + approval) assumes the VP role formally
filled by bga.

I think this is a good idea and give my vote in favor: aye.

I'm not on the board, but surely there has to be a better way of doing
this, such as having a formal election annually (or some other set period)
or via bylaws that remove former board members given a certain amount of
inactivity.

Anyway, just my slight insight from having served on several BoDs over the
years.

Don't take this as meaning I disagree with what was proposed, but just some
improvements for the future.

- joe