[haiku-inc] Re: Ohio Linuxfest 2013

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 10:21:51 -0400

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM, Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am asking if Haiku, Inc. would allow me to man a table during the
> exhibition at Ohio Linuxfest 2013

> I am going to contact the OLF folks right after hitting send on this
> email to at least get the paperwork started, and if it is approved by
> Haiku, Inc. that I can attend, I will submit the required payment
> immediately, as well as make hotel arrangements.

I have the OLF paperwork completed, and it simply needs to be
submitted.  I plan on faxing it over around 4 PM EST unless there is
some objection one way or another from the board, or if the board
requests more time as a whole to decide.  I also finalized my hotel
arrangements for Friday, September 13th and Saturday, September 14th.
 If I'm authorized to attend on behalf of Haiku, I plan on only having
Haiku cover for one of those days, however, due to the expo only
occurring on Saturday, the 14th.

Here is the updated, estimated breakdown:

100 dollars for the table fee, including electricity
109 dollars for one night at the Drury Hotel at the OLF group rate
(well, plus whatever the tax/fees ends up being...likely 20-some
dollars)
57 dollars for gasoline
20 dollars for food (probably less)

This means, the cost to Haiku in total should be between 300 and 310 dollars.

Also, it is possible that Mike Summers may be attending too to help
once again, so he may need some reimbursement as well.  I'll check in
with him to see what his plans are for this year.

- joe