[haiku-inc] Re: Ohio Linuxfest 2013

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 09:23:04 -0700

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am asking if Haiku, Inc. would allow me to man a table during the
> exhibition at Ohio Linuxfest 2013, and if Haiku would be wiling to
> cover lodging, food, and gas for the duration of the trip pending on a
> written report of the event to be posted on Haiku's homepage.

OLF is historically a good show I believe. We have been putting almost
all our money into full time development contracts lately, so the
funds are depleting quickly at the moment. I think we should set aside
some money for another show or two, however.

> The hotel is 106 USD per night, and this time around I plan on staying
> either two or three nights.  I'd probably want Haiku to pick up the
> bill for anywhere between 1 and 2 nights, seeing as the exhibition
> itself is only one day (Saturday, September 14th).

As usual, if you can try to reduce the number of nights you must stay,
that is preferred :)

> The cost for a table is 75 USD, and there may be an electricity fee to
> be paid as well.

Even if it's $100, that's still reasonable for a table I think. Can
you confirm the electricity - I thought historically, the table fee at
OLF included electricity.

As for the gas - the current federal charity amount is 14 cents/mile
which would work out to something like $57 (hint: doesn't even cover
gas). We could very probably cover the gas cost directly, however.

So, it sounds like you're talking about $300-400 total depending on
how many nights you stay?

- Urias