[haiku-development] Re: We've switched to Git!

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 16:43:33 +0100

Hi again,

one specific aspect of the switch has just crossed my mind and I thought I'd
better mention it here:

'haiku' and 'buildtools' are now two separate repositories. As an effect of
this, their revision-ID domain is currently separate, too, but I'm not so
sure that we really want that:

The next push to the buildtools repository would produce the tag 'hrev43011'
(as the last revision inherited from subversion was 43010).

My question is this: is it ok that the tags of those two repositories
diverge, causing duplicates (e.g. in Trac)?

Or should I rather try to reconnect the tags behind the scenes again, such
that there's only a single revision domain?

In the meantime, I have deactivated write-access to the buildtools repo, so
we can decide by matter of fact ...

cheers,
        Oliver