[haiku-development] Re: We've switched to Git!

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:04:50 +0100

On 2011-11-16 at 09:49:47 [+0100], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> For that, an RSS feed is indeed better suited. I think the best possible
> solution was already suggested by Ingo. Or, alternatively, one message for
> each commit with a numbering so that you know which commits belong together
> (like "1/8").

The problem with the one mail per commit approach is that merges of large
features (e.g. package management) would generate hundreds of mails, which
would be rather useless and annoying. One large mail with most diffs
truncated (as implemented ATM) makes a lot more sense in this case. Maybe a
hybrid approach -- individual commit mails for up to 10 (20? 50?) commits, a
single mail otherwise -- would be even better.

CU, Ingo