[haiku-development] Re: [Vote] Release Schedule

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 15:18:29 +0200 CEST

Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> First the schedule is as follows:
>
> Tuesday September 1st 12:00 GMT:
>  - Feature freeze/branch point
>
> Wednesday September 9th 12:00 GMT:
>  - Branch point/branch closure
>
> Saturday September 12th, 12:00 GMT:
>  - Distribute image to mirrors, prepare release notes, press
> releases, etc.
>
> Given the lack of an alternative I would like to put this one up for
> vote, so please approve (+1) or reject (-1) it.

As I said, if we start on September 1st, Ingo and I won't be there. IOW
the usual kernel crew is almost non existant.
Therefore, I think we should just start with this one week earlier,
therefore -1, and B (the release data could be the same). In any case,
we should start with more intensive alpha image testing earlier, so
that there is enough time to look into the worse bugs.

So, my suggestion would be:
August 23rd:
        - Branch the alpha
        - Start intensive alpha image testing (or even earlier, if
possible)

September 9th:
        - tag alpha, and build that one

Bye,