[haiku-development] Re: [Vote] Release Schedule

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:13:15 -0700

Hi Niels,

Niels Reedijk wrote:
The September 9th date is for the final tagging. After that a final
build needs to be made, tested and perhaps rebuild. Also the files
have to be propagated to the mirrors and the torrents have to be fed.
So there is also time to finalize things like the website and the
release notes. My feeling is that this will take three days, so that's
why (Saturday) September 12th is the projected release date.

One of the requirements of the release is the new website, so if that
one is not ready, this automatically means that the 'official' release
will be pushed forward.

That being the case, I would propose to do the official release on 9/14, as that would give us pretty much all the weekend to work on all the last minute details.

Whatever the date may be, this needs to be made clear to the outside world, as 9/9 is already being reported as the release date (compliments of our friend Thom).

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki