[haiku-development] Re: Trac Almost Unusable

  • From: Gavin James <gavin.james@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 13:59:03 +0000
On 6 Feb 2008, at 8:40 PM, Gavin James wrote:

Hi Ingo,

On 6 Feb 2008, at 8:23 PM, Ingo Weinhold wrote:

Howdy,

lately (not sure when it started exactly) Trac has become extremely slow for me. It often takes 30 seconds or more (and virtually never under 10 seconds) to get a response to an action. Sometimes I get a "Proxy Error" instead. I don't know, if others have similar problems, but at least for me
it's a pain to use ATM.

Are there any reasons why that could be? I recall someone mentioning DB
usage problems. Might that be related?

It seems to be a combination of general server load and Trac not exactly being lightweight. We're being forced to move to a different server in the next two days so we'll have to see if things improve. If things don't then I can only suggest we *TRY* removing the SVN browser temporarily. I don't think it's the cause of the problem, but at this point I don't know what else to suggest.

Trac has now been relocated to its new server, and so far seems to be performing a lot better, we'll have to see how it fares under regular usage however.

Some of you *MAY* be getting a "Site not configured" message when visiting dev.haiku-os.org, this is because your ISPs DNS servers haven't picked up the change in address of the dev.haiku-os.org server. This should happen within an hour or so, but the actual time it takes to update will depend on your ISP. If it seems to be taking a ridiculously long time let me know and I'll see what I can do our end.

Everything seems to be working, but as always do let me know if anything has changed or is not how you expect it.

- Gavin