[haiku-development] Re: Task list for alpha 1

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 17:28:38 +0200

Jorge G. Mare wrote:
> Humdinger wrote:
>> And don't forget Vincent's efforts on the translation site. Hopefully, that
>> one will go
>> live in the not too distant future. IIRC, that one will too use a SVN repo
>> for storage.
>>
> But this site is only for the purpose of translation the guide, right?

It will also be the place for changes and additions to the original English.
There are fewer possibilities to mess things up if it's all at one place
instead of
adapting to changed pages when continuously import/merge/resolve things from
SVN.

> It would be nice if Vincent's system could export the updated HTML file
> to the website at the same time a commit is made to SVN; then the
> version on the website would always be in sync. Would that be possible?

Vincent has to answer the specifics. But since it's planned (IIRC) to keep the
database
with all the text blocks and their translations, as well as the exported HTML
pages in a
SVN repository, a connection either from that SVN or directly exporting to the
website,
should be possible.
I think right now, everything is kept locally, but the committing to SVN is
definitely
planned.

Right, Vincent?

Regards,