[haiku-development] Re: Task list for alpha 1

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:10:55 -0700

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Ingo Weinhold<ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2009-08-21 at 15:10:02 [+0200], Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> [...]
>> 4. RELEASE
>> a) branch the source tree (Axel)
>
> Branching check list:
>
> * Create the actual branch (svn cp).
> * In the branch:
>  - Adjust B_HAIKU_VERSION in <BeBuild.h>.
>  - Adjust all other places where the version is hard-coded (documentation,
>    etc.).
>  - Remove temporary compatibility work-arounds (probably concerns gcc 4
>    only).
> ( - Verify BeOS R5 binary compatibility. )
>  - Declare all optional packages built with a previous Haiku trunk version
>    obsolete. They have to be rebuilt with an alpha branch version. Packages
>    built with (and for) BeOS R5 (should any exist) are not concerned.
>  - Start back-porting trunk fixes...
> * In the trunk:
>  - Adjust B_HAIKU_VERSION in <BeBuild.h> (to some post-alpha-1 value).
>  - Apply the other initial alpha branch changes eventually (probably when
>    the rebuilt optional packages are available).
>
> CU, Ingo
>
> PS: Since optional packages have to rebuilt anyway, it would be great, if
> someone could have a look at the, at least IMHO, most obvious annoyances:
> BeZillaBrowser crashing on application quit (not window close), BePDF
> deadlocking on application quit.

Speaking of OptionalPackages, I'm going to take another try at Python
soon to see if I can get it to also see the bzip2 that's included with
Haiku.  I'm going to have limited time to spend on Haiku related stuff
for the next week or two, but will try to at least get a slightly
better Python build into the mix during that time.  That may or may
not help mercurial pass a few more tests.
-scottmc