[haiku-development] Re: Selecting a non-trademarked name for the Haiku platform

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> -1 for changing that. It took ages for the autotools changes to make it to
> most software packages. Changing things now will be a serious nuisance for
> porters with no real benefit. Fair use of the Haiku name is allowed anyway.
> At least I don't see any serious problem in not changing what system
> uname() reports in third party distros. Maybe Haiku, Inc. can make a
> statement what their stance is on the matter.

I agree, removing Haiku from uname output is almost as bad as removing
__HAIKU__ from the system defines...

I would vote (without having proper voting authority...) to leave it
in, but add something to the version portion to indicate which
releases are official...

- Urias