[haiku-development] Re: Removing /boot/common

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:25:20 +0200

> With regard to removing B_COMMON_*, this is actually breaking the BeOS API.
> Isn't one of the goals of Haiku R1 to also be source-compatible?

I think we should at least continue to support the constants name for
finddir, even if we drop them from find_directory. This would allow running
scripts written on BeOS. I don't know if that's considered part of the ABI,
but as we allow compatibility for binaries, we may at least try to also make
installer scripts work, particularly if they took care of using finddir.

--
Adrien.