[haiku-development] Re: Removing /boot/common

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 13:10:03 -0400

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 12:26 PM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> But in the case of Debian which can be used on servers, it is necessary
> to be able to install something without the X11-based frontends which
> might pull in all the unwanted graphical stuff, for ex...

That is completely different than what I'm talking about. I'm talking
about splitting up things unnecessarily for the sake of some absurd
"componentized" ideal which does no one any good.

Having for example a wpa_supplicant package and then various GUI
front-ends for it is perfectly fine in my book, and a reasonable use
of component packages.

Looking at the Git packages we have, I think the splitting is
reasonable, so my argument is probably unneeded. I should have looked
before emailing.

But let's just keep this in mind in the future not to get too crazy
with splitting things up.

--
Regards,
Ryan