[haiku-development] Re: Raspberry Pi 2

  • From: Travis Geiselbrecht <geist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 11:56:05 -0800

Annoyingly, I think the USB is one of the harder parts of the Broadcomm
cpus on the RPis. It's a nonstandard, undocumented USB OTG host controller
that both the usb ports and the ethernet MAC/PHY sit on. There's a linux
driver for it, of course, so it may just be a hard slog to figure it out
from a driver. The rest of the CPU is pretty well documented at this point,
including the graphics side of things.

I got my RPi 2 yesterday as well, and cpu wise it's miles ahead of the old
arm11. A cortex-a7 generally runs just about as fast as cortex-a9, and
there are 4 of them. I'm going to use it at least as a target to hack some
of my os code on it as a good quad core arm SMP test. It would probably be
a decent haiku kernel bringup target.

Travis