[haiku-development] Re: OpenTargetFolder

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 03:56:49 +0200

Stephan Assmus wrote:
[...]
I think we are end-users ourselves. We should worry about what we like and need and then include that. There is more people like us out there. If we are truthful to what matters to us, then we can make an impression on like-minded individuals.

I agree! I think this is a safe bet, and this is the only way to be sure there's at least one audience that likes Haiku! Haiku will never be installed on grandma's computer if there's not an enthusiast geek to teach her. I think we should please ourselves first :)

Concerning the "summon" feature, i really like the feature and found it really vital when i used it on beos. So that's a +1 from me. Maybe someday we won't need terminals anymore (we'll find something better), but for now, anything that can ease it's use is a plus IMO. It can help with phone support too :) ex: "go to that folder, open a terminal there, type some stuff". No need to "cd" and "ls" the filesystem over the phone. 10 min saved :-D

Regards,
Alex